Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thursday Thoughts

You may call it procrastinating; I call it burning the midnight oil. It's the middle of the night and I don't feel much like going to bed, so here's a couple things that are on my mind:

1. My job hunt kicked off this week, and today, I filled out my first ever job application. Although I don't have much paid work experience except babysitting, I listed the various volunteer posititions I've held every summer for the last 3 (going on 4) years. Also, the application asked for typing/computer experience and, as a girl who has been using the computer since she was three and could touch type by the time she started high school, I must say that that will definitely not be an issue for me! According to my mother, I should wait a month for them to call me before I call them. Too bad I'm anxious already, and it hasn't even been one day!

2. Like thousands (millions?) of women all over the world, I am starting to get very excited for a certain Prince (and a future Princess'!) big day. My mother and I have already made a plan for watching and celebrating this monumental wedding. Wake up time will be 3:30, giving us enough time to make a breakfast of waffles, fresh fruit, and, of course, tea! We will tune in to ABC's coverage of the wedding starting at 4:00 AM. Thankfully, I'm allowed to stay home from school that day, as getting up at 3:30 will probably leave me more than a little bit tired once all the excitement is over.

No comments: