Saturday, April 30, 2011

Royal Wedding, Prom

RoyalToday was a day that literally BILLIONS of people all over the world have been anxiously awaiting: Prince William and Kate Middleton's Royal Wedding!

I passed out around 6PM Thursday night. It was completely by accident, but beneficial in the long run- I was up and ready to go by 2AM! I decided that this shirt would be appropriate to wear as I watched the festivities:

 Around 3:15AM, Mom and I went downstairs to prepare breakfast. We ate waffles and fresh fruit with whipped cream, orange juice, and, of course, tea!
To make our feast all the more regal, we used one of Mom's sets of china!

And so we watched.

From William's and Kate's arrivals:

To to the wedding ceremony:

Their carrage ride after the ceremony:

And finally, the long-awaited kiss
(which turned into two kisses!):

All in all, it was a spectacular, historical day- truly a fairytale!

*semi side note: Prince Harry looked aboslutely wonderful. The tousled hair and that uniform- my my was it delightful. And how adorable was he in the carriage with the bridemaids and pages!?

Besides being one of the biggest royal events in the last 30 years, today also happened to be the day of my school's junior prom. Although I am a junior, I did not attend. To make a long story short, I ended up without a date. Honestly, I'm not worrying too much about it, mostly because it's junior prom. Senior is the important one, and I hardly think I'm going to look back in 20 years and regret not going.
In lieu of going to the prom, Mom and I went to dinner, then came home and watched the Royal Wedding edition of Fashion Police on E! (we LOVE Joan Rivers). All in all, it was a nice night and a nice end to a certainly exhausting, but wonderful day!

By the way, here are my two newest followers!
Helen
Taylor

Thanks girls!

No comments: