Friday, June 24, 2011

Crafty Couture!

Summer's here, and I have oodles of free time on my hands, so I thought I'd share with you all my latest crafting endeavor:
Hairbows!

I made both the bow and wrapped the headband to match, and I'm really proud of how this turned out!


To make the bow, I cut three pieces of grosgrain in different lengthes, and sewed each one into a loop. Then I stacked them on top of each other, with the biggest at the bottom and the smallest on the top, and tacked them together. To create a more finished look, I took another piece of ribbon, wrapped it around the middle of the three loops, and sewed it in place underneath.

From there, I wrapped a skinny plastic headband in the same ribbon, hot gluing the ends in place.
To attach the bow, I put a dab of hot glue on the center of the bottom of the bow, as well as on either end, and put it where I wanted on the headband. To have even more control on how the bow sits, I glued the bottom of each of the two remaining loops on each side to the top of the one below it.


I am SO pleased with how this turned out, and I definitely plan on making more! 
I want to try different colors, sizes, etc., as well as making barrettes and clips!

No comments: