Monday, May 23, 2011

A Fabulous Review of Something Blue!

I just finished reading Something Blue by Emily Giffin, and I must say, I loved it!


The book is the sequel to Something Borrowed, and picks up where the first book left off. But, there's a twist. Something Blue takes place from Darcy's point of view, whereas Something Borrowed was narrated by Rachel.

Sadly, I accidently read a spoiler before I actually began the book, but it was a big shocker, and it made me that much more excited to get started on the book! In addition to that, several other revelations in the book literally made me gasp out loud! Expect to see a VERY unexpected turn for Darcy's love life, a BIG surprise regarding her pregnancy, and how she begins to deal with her broken friendship with Rachel as we watch Darcy attempt to get a handle on a life that was seemingly turned upside down in a matter of minutes.

Overall, I loved the book. It was juicy enough to keep me interested, but not so much that it was unrealisitic. Sometimes I wanted to cry with Darcy, and sometimes I wanted to yell at her. I went on both a literal and fiurative journey with her, and saw her grow and change along the way, all leading up to a much anticipated ending that I was extremely happy with!

For those of you who have only seen the movie of Something Borrowed, you will most certainly react differently to certain aspects of Something Blue than if you were only to have read the book. If this is the case, I highly recommend reading the first book before beginning on the second.

And if you haven't seen OR read this series? Read it now.
You'll LOVE it!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I borrowed this book from a friend FOREVER ago and still haven't read it! I started it at the beach only to realize this series could NOT be read out of order (gasp: i haven't read something borrowed!!) Looks like I have a lot of reading to do!

Hannah said...

The extra reading will be totally worth it- the series is a fabulous summer read!