Friday, July 1, 2011

A Love/Hate Relationship

A few days ago, I picked up a fresh tube of mascara on a trip to Target. I had tried tons of new kinds and wasn't impressed, so I decided to return to an old favorite: Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume. I'm more of a volume girl than a length girl when it comes to mascara, and Lash Blast does just that for my pathetic, thin lashes.

When I got home, I noticed I'd accidentally grabbed the waterproof version instead of the washable version, but didn't think anything of it and happily loaded up my lashes the next morning. 
I loved how it made them look!


I can't say I was quite as impressed when I went to take off my makeup that night. I use Vaseline to remove my eye makeup, and I've never had a problem before, but the mascara just would. not. come. off. Finally I resorted to putting a glob of Vaseline on my eye and letting it sit for a few minutes to see if that worked. It didn't do much and I ended up pulling out several eyelashes just to get the stuff off. When I finished, my eyes were super irritated and 
I still wasn't able to get all the mascara off.

The frustrating part is, I really do love this mascara. It is the probably the best I've ever used in terms of how it separates my lashes and makes them look super thick!

But, alas, if you're thinking of trying this, don't. Go for the non-waterproof. Your eyes will thank you!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Yikes! I have the regular one, which I love, but I think I picked up the waterproof one for pool days. I'll see how it goes. I should have known though because I have had trouble with Covergirl's waterproof mascara before.

Hannah said...

At least you know the pool water won't make your mascara run :)

Lauren said...

I finally found time to go through my comments. I listened to the song you recommend for working out-Good Vibrations by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch. Haha! It's definitely different but I kind of like it :) It gets you pumped up!

Caitlin C. said...

I don't like waterproof mascara, either! It's SO freakin' hard to get off. But at least your lashes look pretty :)