Back to school is such a hectic time, and one of my biggest struggles with going back is getting back on a normal sleep schedule. After months of long, late summer nights, shifting back to getting up early can seem like a monumental task. One of the best ways to combat this, and really just to be more organized and efficient all year, is to create and follow a routine for your morning. For me, this really cuts down the time it takes to get ready since pretty much every step is already planned out for me, and I can go from one thing to the other without having to put too much thought into it.
Here's a glimpse into my typical morning routine:
- 5:00- Wake Up
- Throw on some cozy clothes
- Do my makeup, with my hair wrapped in a towel
- Catch up on blogs, email, youtube, etc. (usually while I'm doing my makeup...)
- Blow dry and style hair
- Eat breakfast
- Put on my outfit for the day
- 6:50 Collect my phone, iPod, house key, wallet, lip product for the day, etc.
- Double check that my backpack is organized and ready for the day
- Take my lunch out of the fridge
- Make tea, coffee, etc., or grab a water bottle
- 7:15 Hop in the car and drive to school!
Of course, this routine varies depending on what time I get up and if I have any additional tasks to accomplish in the morning, but this is generally what I end up doing.
The most important thing about creating a morning routine is finding a pattern that makes the most out of your time and helps you to feel calm, prepared, and ready to start your day!