Monday, August 8, 2011

My Fall Fashion Must-Haves!

Wow. This is my first post in over a week- so sorry ladies! It's been a hectic week, and tomorrow I'm headed off to the beach for a few days so I won't be posting much this week either (although I'm thinking of leaving a scheduled post...), but here's a little something I've been wanting to do for a while:

August is officially upon us. While some of us have over a month left and some just a few weeks, it is an undeniable fact that Summer 2011 will soon come to a close. But don't fret, because that just means my absolute favorite season is just around the corner: Autumn! There are so many things I love about Autumn- the crisp air and chilly weather, Halloween, going to a local orchard with friends, getting back into a school schedule, and, of course, getting back into all my fall clothes!

Here are a few of my fall must-haves that every lady should have in her closet:

A black turtleneck
A long sleeve, black turtleneck is the perfect combination of function and fashion. Not only will it keep you toasty warm, but it super easy to accessorize. I love to wear it with a statement necklace or bright scarf, and the black will match practically any color you choose! I have some from Target that I love, and they're a steal at only about $10 each!

Leggings
Leggings are definitely a staple in my wardrobe- I probably wear them more than I wear jeans or jeggings. They keep your legs warmer and are more comfortable with jeans. They look great with tons of different types of shoes, from flats to boots to pumps. I buy mine at Modell's because I've found that athletic leggings look and fit very similiar to the ones you'd find in a clothing store, but are so much more durable.

Jeggings
So many people hate on leggings, but I have to say I am a believer. I actually find jeans really uncomfortable, so jeggings give me the look of wearing jeans, but I end up being much more comfortable. Don't get me wrong, some are hideous- too much legging, not enough jean, but I've found that the secret to the perfect jegging is for them to be just a little more jean than legging. I love the pair that I got from Target, and at only $20, you can't go wrong!

Little Black Flats
Black flats are like the infamous "little black dress", but for your feet. They're a super versatile, classic way to complete almost any outfit, and definitely a go-to in my wardrobe. I actually wore out my last pair after only 2 seasons because I wore them so much, but I just scooped up the ones pictured above ( Sperry Top-Sider Women's Ashby Flat) at DSW and I cannot wait to wear them!

Cardigans
Cardigans are a super easy way to mix up your wardrobe. Layering one over a shirt automatically adds more depth and interest to your outfit, without bulking you up. They're also a great way to extend your clothes over multiple seasons- take your favorite summer tank, throw a cardigan over it, and you're set for a crisp fall day! A black one is pretty much a staple since it will go with practically anything, but don't be afraid to mix it up with other colors- I have  pink ones, blue ones, purple ones, etc. and I've found they add an awesome pop of color over a dark top!

What are your must-haves items for Fall?

2 comments:

Portuguese Prepster said...

love all of these! I wear jeans and leggins with sweaters of oxfords and flats for class all Fall!

Rebecca said...

The only people who hate on jeggings are ones who have never tried them! I may never wear jeans again... =]